Thursday, June 25, 2015

Shake a hand, get a customer. Celebrate National Handshake Day.

Today is National Handshake day.  As I explain in my book, a handshake is a simple, but still a powerful tool in personal and business relationships. 

And listening to all the hype on TV, it made me think of how important my theory of the importance of that handshake was to my success. It is also something that I try to teach in my book Riding The Bull. I mention this technique in several chapters of my book.

For many years, "I want to earn the right to be your builder " was printed on all my literature and in all my ads. Also, after spending time with a customer, my favorite technique was to close the deal by giving them a firm and slow handshake while looking them in the eye and saying with conviction, "I want to earn the right to be your builder."  

This technique worked and it created a memorable bond between me and my customers. 

This approach can apply to anything you are doing in life and it is among the many things I teach in Riding The Bull for people who want to be "Winners." 

And now, I want to earn the right to be your favorite Texas author. Let me personalize a copy for you or for your friends.

Mickey


No comments:

Post a Comment